If you vape and have vaped for a while, there’s a good chance that you use a refillable vaping device. After all, that’s how everyone did it “back in the day.” If you wanted to have a truly satisfying and enjoyable experience, you had to use a refillable device for a number of different reasons.
- Pre-filled devices didn’t have enough e-liquid to be truly satisfying for a real smoker. Many people would go through multiple pods – or entire devices in the case of disposable vapes – every day.
- Pre-filled devices didn’t have enough nicotine.
- Pre-filled devices were only available in a tiny handful of different flavors, while bottled e-liquid came in hundreds of flavors.
- Pre-filled devices were much too expensive for everyday use. Bottled e-liquid, in comparison, was much cheaper.
Disposable vapes have been around for as long as vaping has existed. Until fairly recently, though, people mostly ignored those devices because they weren’t affordable or satisfying enough for real smokers. Mostly, buying a disposable vape was just a way to find out what vaping was like, and then you’d decide if you wanted to invest in a full vape kit.
Today, though, devices like Air Bar Vapes have completely upended the vaping industry. Disposable vapes aren’t ignored anymore – they’re the most popular vaping devices on the market by a wide margin. If you have friends who switched to vaping recently, there’s a good chance that they have only ever used disposable vapes and have no interest in trying any other type of device. There’s also a good chance that you know some longer-term vapers who have switched from refillable to disposable devices.
So, should you switch from a refillable device to a disposable vape as well? Here are the reasons why so many people are switching to disposable vapes.
Disposable Vapes Are Cheaper Than Ever
If you’ve been vaping long enough, you can probably remember the first disposable e-cigarettes. They tended to cost around $10-15 each, and they generally didn’t have enough e-liquid or battery power for even a single full day of vaping if you were a real smoker. Today’s disposable vapes cost about the same as the first-generation devices, but the difference is that everything else about them has improved.
- They have extremely high e-liquid capacities, with some devices containing as much as 14 ml of vape juice. With nicotine strengths as high as 50 mg/ml, the largest disposable vapes have no difficulty lasting through several days of use even for very heavy vapers.
- Speaking of high nicotine strengths, simple multiplication tells you that a disposable vape with 14 ml of e-liquid at a nicotine strength of 50 mg/ml has 700 total mg of nicotine. That’s as much nicotine as more than two cartons of cigarettes, depending on the brand. Getting the equivalent of two cartons of cigarettes for $10-15 is a crazy deal by anyone’s standards.
- With disposable vapes, there’s no need to buy replacement coils. The coils for today’s high-end vape tanks are extremely expensive – and if you enjoy sweet e-liquids, you’re probably replacing your coil every couple of days. Many people today spend more on replacement coils than they do on e-liquid. When a disposable vape’s flavor quality starts to go south, it’s time to replace the device anyway.
If you currently use a large sub-ohm vaping device and fill your tank with sweet e-liquid, there is no question that you will save money if you switch to disposable vapes. You’ll vape less often because of the higher nicotine strength, and you can enjoy the same sweet flavors without the tedium and cost of frequent coil replacements.
Disposable Vapes Eliminate the Need to Maintain Your Device
Speaking of tedium – who really enjoys maintaining a vaping device? The earliest cigarette-shaped “cigalikes” seemed to have so much promise. All that you’d need to do was keep your battery charged and twist on a new cartridge when the cartridge that you were using ran out of e-liquid. In practice, though, cigalikes weren’t satisfying enough, so everyone switched to refillable devices. Eventually, pre-filled pod systems came along. They were certainly satisfying and convenient – but the pods were proprietary, so the manufacturers could charge whatever they wanted for them.
With today’s disposable vapes, people who want vaping to be as easy and convenient as smoking finally have a solution that’s just as simple as lighting a cigarette but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. If you have a high-capacity device, you’ll just need to charge the battery periodically. If you have a lower-capacity device, you won’t even need to do that – you’ll just use the device until the battery dies, and then you’ll toss it.
Maintaining a refillable vaping device requires much more than just charging the battery. You also need to refill the tank or pod periodically, fiddle with the device’s various settings, replace the atomizer coil every couple of days and more. If you want your vaping device to feel like a true consumer product rather than a complicated gadget, you definitely want to use a disposable vape.
Disposable Vapes Can Reinvigorate Your Interest in Vaping
Do you ever find yourself feeling a bit bored about your vaping experience? Maybe you enjoy the feeling of opening and setting up a new vaping device – but vape kits are prohibitively expensive, so you can’t do that as often as you might like. New e-liquid flavors are fun as well, but it can be really disheartening to buy a 100 ml bottle of vape juice only to find that you don’t actually care for the flavor.
Disposable vapes solve both of those problems because they don’t require you to commit to a single product or flavor for more than a few days. You can choose a different flavor – or an entirely different product – every time you buy a disposable vape, and you can enjoy the excitement of using something new every time. If you’ve found yourself losing interest in traditional vape mods and bottled e-liquids, you may find that switching to disposable vapes like Lost Mary disposable vape makes vaping feel as fun for you as it did in the beginning.