- Who is American Footballer Calvin Johnson married to? Explore Calvin Johnson net worth and wiki facts!
- Robbie Kruse FIFA 2018 UPDATE! Explore Robbie Kruse Wiki Facts And Net Worth
- Is MMA ‘Supervillain’ Colby Covington Dating Girlfriend Or Engaged With Partner?
- AFL Trade: Geelong trades Nathan Keruger with Carlton! Explore Nathan Kreuger wiki facts and net worth.
- Sophie Devine Cricketer Age, Height, Wiki, Husband, Net Worth
Austrian Formula 1 legend Niki Lauda is no more.
He passed away at the age of 70 but, he left behind the legacy of being one of the biggest names in motorsport.
Lauda was a non-executive chairman of the world champion Mercedes team, and a successful pilot and businessman with two airlines.
He was outlived by his wife Birgit Wetzinger who is 30 years junior to him. This leaves us wondering how much net worth did he leave for her? And what is Birgit Wetzingers background and job?
We broke down what you need to know about Niki Lauda’s wife. As we begin with Birgit Wetzinger wiki, bio, age, height, scroll down to see her ethnicity, nationality, and net worth.
40 years old
Niki Lauda’s wife Birgit Wetzinger hasn’t disclosed much about her educational background.
Occupation and Job
Before marrying the multi-millionaire entrepreneur, Birgit Wetzinger was a flight attendant. To be precise, she was working at one of Lauda’s airlines.
The 40-year-old Vienna native is discreet about her family background.
Approx. 5 feet 5 inches
113 – 138 lbs
Married and Husband
Back in 2005, Birgit Wetzinger and her husband Niki Lauda were dating when Niki suddenly got ill. He needed a new kidney transplant as the previous organ transplant failed.
Wetzinger was only 26 years old at that time. And she had been dating Niki for about eight months.
He asked his son Lucas if he would test to donate a kidney, but it did not fit. That’s when his wife jumped in. Recalling the incident, the race driver had said,
“Birgit then said she would do the test, but I asked ‘why would you do the test’? ‘Because I want to’, she said. I said ‘you will never ever donate your kidney, because I’m ill and I’ve known you for eight [months]’.
He further commented saying “She did the test, and she did fit. For about three months she gave me always the same impression,
‘I do it for you because I love you’.
“She was never frightened or asked any questions, it was just a pure approach ‘I will do it’.”
Birgit Wetzinger and Niki Lauda got married on August 25, 2008. Prior to that, the legendary racer had married his first wife Marlene Knaus. He had two children: Mathias Lauda and Lukas Lauda from his previous marriage.
Niki and Birgit share two other twins children: Mia Lauda, 9, and Max Lauda.
Race / Ethnicity
Birgit Wetzinger Net Worth
According to Celebrity Net Worth, the three-time Formula 1 world champion, Niki Lauda had an estimated net worth of over $100 million dollars.
He owed most of his net worth figure to his big airline company which he sold at a good profit margin. Not to forget the prize money from winning world championships had a significant contribution.
Speaking of Birgit Wetzinger’s net worth, she apparently inherited a substantial fortune from her late husband.
Niki Lauda had divorced his previous wife Marlene Knaus in 1991. So, unless Lauda had another will, his net worth and wealth, needless to say, gets transferred to his wife Birgit and children Mia Lauda and Max Lauda.
Birgit Wetzinger wiki-bio
- Niki Lauda’s wife Birgit Wetzinger was born on March 4, 1979.
- She is currently 40 years old (as of 2019)
- Birgit Wetzinger and Niki Lauda married on August 25, 2008.
- Birgit donated a kidney to her husband in 2005.
- She was a flight attendant at Niki’s airlines at that time.
- Birgit’s husband Niki died at the age of 70 in May 2019.
- Birgit Wetzinger and Niki Lauda share twins son and daughter named Mia Lauda and Max Lauda.