- The ABC Managing Director Michelle Guthrie Sacked! Explore Her Net Worth and wiki facts.
- Gold Coffin For Comanchero Bikie Gang Liam Scorsese Funeral As He Was Shot Dead By Police Outside His Ex-Girlfriend Home!
- EXPLORE Bill Ackman’s wife Neri Oxman Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Nationality, Ethnicity, Net Worth, Children!!
- Who Was Sisto Malaspina? Sisto Malaspina Cause Of Death(Funeral)
- Who is Greta Thunberg? Explore Her Wiki, Bio, Parents, Age, Height, Ethnicity, and More!!
Australian artist Tony Costa is currently making headlines for winning the 2019 Archibald Prize. The award is considered as Australia’s oldest and best-known prize for portraiture.
The ceremony’s reception was held at the Art Gallery of NSW (AGNSW). Tony won the prize for his portrait of artist Lindy Lee.
Back in 2015, 2017 and 2018, even though Tony Costa became the finalist, he couldn’t bag the final award. This year, he has won a whopping $100,000 as the total prize figure.
Mr. Costa explained he was influenced by Lee’s “wisdom, humility, courage, humor and, above all, her deep focus regarding her art practice”
“In my portrait of Lee, I have kept the color minimal to avoid any visual noise.
The challenge for me was to capture the energy of Lindy – the emotional over and above the physical.”
What is Tony Costa background? How much is his net worth? And what are his nationality and ethnicity?
We broke down what you need to know about this artist. As we begin with Tony Costa wiki, bio, age, height, hold on to see his family and Instagram.
64 years old
Tony Costa is an alumnus of Julian Ashton Art School. Before pursuing his passion for art, Costa was a law student. He studied law for two years.
He did his post-graduate studies at City Art Institute Sydney. The 64-year-old is the winner of the 2014 Paddington Art Prize for Landscape painting.
The Sydney-based painter was interested in art since the age of 13. After attending law school for two years, one day he went to his mother and asked,
‘What do you think I should do? I’m torn.’ And without turning she said, ‘Follow your heart.’ But I thought she said, ‘Follow your art.’ “
He regards it was the best advice he was ever given.
Tony Costa hasn’t spoken much about his family and parents. He did paid tribute to his late mother in his after-award speech.
Married and Wife
Back in 1988, the Australian artist Tony Costa was selected to participate in the Triangle Artists’ Workshop in New York.
The 64-year-old was previously declared as the finalist for Art Gallery of NSW Wynne Prize, Sulman Prize & Dobell Prize for Drawing.
As to Tony Costa’s married life, he prefers to keep things low-key as possible. We have never spotted him with his wife/ partner in any public events.
Whether he is single and unmarried is not confirmed. Tony’s social media profiles including Instagram, Facebook, and Tweeter don’t have any clue about his married life and wife.
Race / Ethnicity
Grey and Black
Tony Costa Net Worth
Australian artist Tony Costa is one of the most recognizable names in the industry. As mentioned earlier, he has won $100,000 for winning the 2019 Archibald prize for a meditative portrait of artist Lindy Lee.
Not to forget, he also won the 2014 Paddington Art Prize for Landscape painting. Each year, Tony’s name is nominated in one or more honorable awards. So, his net worth is estimated to be several thousand dollars.
Tony Costa net worth of 2019 is speculated to see a steady rise. The accurate net worth figure is currently under review.
Tony Costa wiki-bio
- Australian artist Tony Costa was born in the year 1955 in Sydney.
- He is currently 64 years old as of 2019.
- He has studied at the City Art Institute Sydney and
Julian Ashton Art School
- He is a former student of law.
- Tony Costa was the winner of the 2014 Paddington Art Prize for Landscape painting.
- Tony was also a finalist in Doug Moran National Portrait Prize.
- Australian artist Tony Costa’s Instagram is private
- His net worth is estimated to be between $100k- 1M.