The new iPhone 15 Pro isn’t getting the best ratings from users.
- My Best Buy members can save $100 on Apple AirPods Max today
- Snag a third-generation Echo Show 5 for its lowest price yet ahead of Prime Day
- The original Peloton Bike is on sale for its lowest-ever price this Prime Day
- Windows 11 Paint gets huge AI boost in today’s update. 5 other cool features coming to PC
- Just how restrictive is OpenAI’s DALL-E 3 on ChatGPT?
In fact, a new study found it was the worst-rated premium phone from Apple — ever. Reviews site PerfectRec found that 73 percent of users on Google gave the iPhone 15 Pro a five-star rating.
Pro models experience a drop in positive reception
At first blush, that seems great. Nearly three-quarters of user-generated reviews are five stars? Again, that seems good. But that actually represents a drop off from the iPhone 14 Pro, which garnered 76 percent. And the iPhone 13 Pro? That came in at 83 percent. So yes, that’s a big drop off in just a few years.
There are some potential reasons the iPhone 15 Pro might not immediately be as beloved as past models. The new phone has been plagued with overheating issues, though an iOS update should have fixed the problem. Other users have reported experiencing an issue where their home screen is burned-in on the iPhone’s OLED display. These are major problems for a brand new, quite expensive phone.
Of course, 73 percent of users still quite like their new iPhone 15 Pro, but it’s interesting to see some of the issues seemingly affect the phone’s — ahem — reception.
If you have an old-generation iPhone, and you’ve been considering an upgrade, you may be happiest with the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max models above all.
iPhone 13 Pro Max, 128GB, Sierra Blue
Buy On Amazon↗